Sunday, July 22, 2012

Homemaker

One more step completed in my quest in being an adequate homemaker! I can now sew things using a machine a friend of mine gave me a year ago. I dont sew very well, but that will come with practice.

Loose string ends, uneven fabric, crooked sewing line, I forgot to iron and turn the fabric inside out. I love it.

Somebody's enjoying his wifey's first creation :)


I had a date with two of my girl friends, and it was just such an enjoyable day. I leanrned how to use my machine, Serena got more tips for hers, and Kahontiiosta beaded her moccassins, and we just talked and laughed and commiserated, and had a grand old estrogen filled time. After working so hard, we enjoyed a meal together, joined by Kahon's son, Jeff, his brother and his girlfriend, and my sister. It was just such a homey day filled with loved ones and good food, my soul felt filled with goodness.

1 comment:

  1. Aw this makes me feel all teary-eyed and I can't explain why.

    I had such a great time with you guys. I didn't realize I knew how to thread my machine so well.. so I feel like where did the past two years go? But I didn't know alot of things (i.e. back stitching).

    Your food was so delicious! I love hangouts at your place. Thanks so much Cyn! JTM ! And that is such a cute photo of Jeff on the pillow! (loose threads = home made. That's what .. we .. were going for? ;) )

    ReplyDelete