Monday, February 20, 2012

Ash Wednesday already..

Time goes by like its nothing. Lent already, and Ash Wednesday. I can't believe how much I have personally changed and grown in the Lord over the last year. Who was I, even, last year? Someone who was lost and searching, but for what, I didnt even know. Im still searching, and I think I will always be, in a way.

But I wanted to talk about what it was that I wanted to sacrifice and offer up for Lent. I have a whole list in my head, and my thinking is that I want to do these things, but that I am only human, and if I cannot accomplish everything that I had set out to do, then God knows what's in my heart, even if I don't. Which, really, is the beauty of this whole thing. So this can be read as a pledge, with you as a witness.

I will abstain from any alcohol or recreative drug use. I will try my hardest to refrain from using foul language. I will refrain from using social sites such as Facebook 6 out of 7 days, and generally cut my internet time down, as well as my TV time. I will dedicate at least an hour a day to reading a book of religious nature, and increase my Gratitude Journal entries from a minimum of 3 to a minimum of 6. I will especially dedicate my prayers for ending abortions and the preservation of life. I want to give up complaining as much as I can, and replace it with gratitude that I am here and alive and well. I want to do this really cute thing that I read: Every day take a picture of something or someone you’re grateful for and hang the pictures in your room. Perhaps I wont hang it in my room but I will post them here towards the end of Lent.


 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment