Monday, December 19, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Banana Rum Loaf

I gave up alcohol for Advent. This inlcudes drinking it and eating anything made with alcohol. And its been really really tough. So many parties around this time of year for the Holidays some reason. But just because I am refraining (certainly) doesn`t mean everyone around me is also, and same goes for the food. I baked this loaf for my hubby`s DND Christmas party, and its one of the simplest and quickest recipes I know, its my go-to when I need to whip something up fast! Also, you can easily switch out plain flour for whole wheat (although I dont because of Mr `s preference) and cut the sugar (or even switch it for splenda/honey) to make it healthier! Win-win no matter what!

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup dark spiced rum (I used Capt Morgan)
  • 4 bananas, roasted and mashed

Directions

  1. Grease and flour one loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In one bowl, combine the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add the rum and stir together.
  3. In a seperate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together, then add to wet ingredients bowl. Mix well.
  4. Add bananas to the resulting batter, mix well. I personally really like having chunks of banana bake through my bread.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45mns, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.



As a final touch I usually add a vanilla glaze and some roasted pecans to the top, although this bread really doesnt need. Mmm mm moist!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment