Sunday, October 2, 2011

There is still good out there!

Prayer is an incredible thing. I don't know what it is lately but I find that my prayers have been answered ridiculously fast in a very determinate way. For example, I was coming up short for a few things for the wedding that I didnt absolutely need but would have been a nice addition. I didnt freak out about it because, like I said, it wasnt one of those must have things, but I still prayed about it. I asked Him if that it was supposed to be, that I needed His help to find a way to make it happen. The very next morning (no joke) we got the absolutely unexpected news that we were getting a monetary gift that came from a very unlikely source.

This latest miracle (and it was nothing short of that) happened just last morning. We got our car robbed twice in two months, which was very disheartening. In the latest robbing, Jeff had actually forgotten his wallet in the inside compartment and of course, it was gone. So he called all the places for his cards and we worried about the fact all his personal information was out there somewhere with somebody with possible and probable evil intentions. So, I once more tuned to prayer and asked Him for His help in whatever way that may be. And what happened, you ask? Well yesterday morning, a random knock came at our door. When Jeff answered, he found out it was our backyard neighbor... with Jeff's wallet... completely intact. Every card and every dollar were still inside where he had left them. The neighbor found it in our street and after seeing who it belonged to, he immediately came and dropped it off. So now I have him in my prayers LOL!

But I also decided to give him a little something to thank him. Im baking him a pumpkin chocolate chip loaf that taste like cake. It is so delicious and moist, and makes enough for three loaves. Mmm mmm homemade goodness.


Ingredients
2 cups brown sugar
15 ounces pumpkin puree
1 cup apple sauce
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used half whole wheat and half all purpose)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I do a crnaberry/chocolate chip mixture to cut the sweetness)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts



Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill pans 1/2 to 3/4 full.
3. Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment