Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here are a few of my favorite things

You know what's the most wonderful thing in the world? Hearing 'Good morning my wife' when you wake up in the morning. Putting on that oh-so-new wedding band. Introducing your better half as 'my husband'. Knowing that you are united with the man you love more than anything else with God, family, and friends as witnesses, until death do you part. Ok, I guess I should have pluralized thing. :)
My wedding was truly and honestly perfect. There is nothing I would have changed, added, or left out. I am so happy I found that balance between economical/ecological and traditional. We paid what we wanted and had what we wanted, and our families had so much fun, and no one missed those silly things people were trying to pressurize us into buying. Having Sweet Child O' Mine from the Guns N' Roses (the violin version) play while my bridal party walked up the aisle was priceless. Including a greeting in the four languages (english/french/mohawk/greek) was a nice touch. And all those things that kept me sleepless three nights in a row? All for nothing.

I also received a gift from Heaven. When I was about to embark in the limo, it was raining hard, then sunny, the sunshowers. Driving towards the chapel, rainbows suddenly appeared in the sky. No jokes, it was like this movie magic moment, except in real life. It was like my father was smiling at me and giving his support and approval. Of course I was in tears as soon as one of my girls said this, but it truly felt like he was smiling right at me and saying that he was present, with me, ready to give me away. What more could a girl ask for?

I really am the most blessed woman in the world, and I am so grateful for everything. What did I ever do to deserve this bounty of love and happiness? God is great, and to Him I give thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Aaawww that made me tear up! You know, on the big day I remember thinking, "Hmm, it's raining... good thing they went for an indoor wedding after all! At least the rain will make it memorable!" and then a little later it suddenly was clear, and I smiled and crossed myself and wondered what was going on in your day...
    <3 reminds me of the Janet Jackson song, "Everywhere I Go". I latched onto that after my dad died for comfort. It still makes me think of him.

    Also, I love this picture!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete