Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grateful

I have been filled with a sense of gratitude lately.

I am grateful that I have a wonderful  husband-to-be that doesn’t even bat an eye when after 3 months of not taking the birth control pill, I finally came out and said I just could not willingly put unneeded and quite harmful  chemicals in my body  anymore. I also came clean about my wish to abstain from sexual intimacy until marriage and instead of freaking out and ending the future I want with him, he agreed to give him the space I needed. And considering the fact we have led our lives up to now as average people, this must be quite the shock. So imagine how I felt when I finally got it off my chest and waited cringing to see his reaction, and it turned out to be supportive? I am the luckiest girl in the world.

I am grateful that I have so many good friends who are the first to step up and tell me that they love me and miss me and want to see me. It’s crazy how just a little thing like a facebook post on my Wall that took less than 30 seconds makes my whole entire day just that much better.

I am grateful for the love my family has towards me, no matter the sometimes awkward way we have of communicating it. My mother especially is such a blessing.

I am grateful for everything that I have, can have, will have. Being worried about future debt on a home pales in comparison to where will I get my next meal, or how will I get my children the medical care theywill need?

I am thankful for being able to control my future, and willingly grow into the person I really want to be.

Thank God for everything that I have.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay! :) I'm glad to see you haven't stopped posting entirely!

    ReplyDelete