Friday, January 7, 2011

My love/hate relationship with raisins

You know, for someone who absolutely hates raisins except in their previous fresh form, I sure do bake a lot with them! For some reason, I love the smell of the baking raisins! Weird, I know. My recent addition to my raisin recipe collection is one I had an idea from when I baked cinnamon raisin bread for my kiddies (the lovable little things I hang with for 8 hours a day). You can really see the difference when they've had their breakfast, so I bring in breakfast for them from time to time (last year I discovered instant oatmeal boxes on sale for 1$ at Wal-Mart, and we had a whole lot of full tummys for awhile after that). Back to the bread, it was bulky to carry, and so many kids wanted to slather it with butter (ew!) that I knew I had to make some changes that would make it easier to carry and more attractive to the kids without any added spreadable fat. I am going to be making these:

                   

AREN'T THEY CUTE? Now I have to test them out on the kiddies and see if they like and want them. They're made with whole wheat flour shhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment