Wednesday, December 29, 2010

They call me the love doctor

God Almighty knows that Holiday Time means delicious food. Tons and tons of yummy delicous food. I always look forward to our traditional meals which always involves lots of dough, meat, fat, sugar, etc. All those things I usually try to limit myself or avoid eating during the year are laid out in abundant quantities for a couple of days, and I am far from complaining! However, on the 26th, the 27th, when the leftovers are eaten, my system starts complaining and I need to give it a break. How do I do this? By making oh so delicious (and nutritious) 'Salade de L'Amour' aka The Love Salad, as much for your taste buds as for your digestive tracks.

There are many variations to this salad, and its basically a 'pif' recipe. Au pif is a slang french term which loosely translates to basically adding in what you have on hand without need to measure (and this is mostly how I do my staple cooking). I give measurements in this recipe, however, I usually just throw in the package worth of whatever ingredients is needed (ex. 1 pkg of mushrooms rather than 1 cup)

Salade de L'Amour

2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups cooked rice of your choice (I like Bazmati)
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/2 cup nuts (of our choice, I like cashews)
1/2 cup raisins
Dressing : Mix 1/2 cup virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup soya sauce, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 garlic cloves minced, salt and pepper

Wash and prepare above ingredients and mix toguether. Mix in dressing. Serve. MMM.


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm delicious detox. You can feel those enzymes cleansing you.

    ReplyDelete